Like the victorious naval pilots who bombed the crap out of the Japanese, the IDYFT NFL Pick 'Em is flying high at Midway. The Japanese fleet could be considered our preconceptions, the cloud cover is the Any-Given-Sunday aspect of pro football, and the daring of US dive bombers could be likened to an upset-filled Pick 'Em shakedown.
Lots of surprises this Sunday: Cincy nailed their first 'tang of the season while Detroit & KC found ways give it away for free. Garwood got the BONUS for his Cincy pick but gave a lot back by considering Buffaloaf a Shoe-in.
In a move of Gandhi-like compassion, Professor Badcock has telegrammed his instructions that total points can't go below zero.
1. Adw: 29 (this week -4)
2. Big BM: 20 (this week -4)
3. Miwacar: 18 (this week +10)
4. Jess: 15 (this week -4)
5. Barnyard: 4 (this week +4)
6. MMMan, Garwood: 0
This Week's Picks
1. Your Shoe-In?
2. Bob Barr Whacky Upset List
winless Lions, Rams, Raiders, 49ers, Chiefs, Seahawks
3. Your Favorite/Most Disliked Team?
4. Clash of the Titans: New Orleans Saints at Atlanta Falcons
Only person with positive points last week huh?
3. Vikes win and the Pack loses, two-for-fucking-one y'all!
3. Lions lose
4. Atlanta Falcons
3. Packers beat Vikes (Again, yawn. Will this be like the fourth time in a row?)
3. Detroit wins! Culpepper is the silver Jesus.
I scored +20 last week (+3 Titans, +17 Bengals, +7 Pittsburgh, -7 Buffalo).
2. St. Louis (Nerfneck tries hard to lose but KC snatches defeat from the jaws of victory).
3. Vikes. Narrowly.
Correct, Garwood. You scored twenty for the week which brought you up to -13. Thus, zero.
But if you keep up with your impressive prescience, perhaps it is you who will bayonet the godless upon Mount Nike (the goddess of victory, not the shoe company).
1. Miami is my shoe-in!
2. Chefs cook up some Nerfneck
3. my teams are out, so another team I really dislike is the goddamn Colts
If Detroit wins I'll give long-suffering MMMan a ten point Bonus (this week only) for the line: "Culpepper is the silver Jesus."
3. Special Sub this week: Vikings lose (as Dallas is on a bye, and the Giants and eagles are playing each other)
Post a Comment