This improvement on the old "Shoe-in" places more emphasis on confidence. To whit: the Big Shoe is +2 points if right and -4 points if wrong. Now that's a big shoe!
The Little Shoe is worth +1 if right and -2 if wrong. Certainly, those are smaller shoes!
In the Week Five Surprise, Cincy shocked the world by beating the Ravens. The Bengals now own 1st place in the division. This upset perhaps wasn't so surprising, as it was predicted by nearly every pick'em participant. This week offers the deepest pool of mismatches in some long time. Such a deep pool could reveal hidden gold ... either upsets or shutouts.
In smelly shutout news, there has been a shut-out for three weeks straight, with 4 shutouts in 5 weeks overall. Chances are, there will be a shutout this week. Can you smell the shutout? +3/-1
1. MMMan: 16 points (this week +7)
2. Miwacar: 15 points (this week +7)
3. Big BM: 14 points (this week +5)
4. Jess: 10 points (this week +7)
5. Adw: 8 points (this week +5)
6. Garwood: 6 points
7. Barnyard: 4 points
leftnut: 4 points
Finally, Garwood & Barnyard: go back to the Bonus Question Round-Up for your last chance to plug in some long-range bonus predictions.
1. Your Big Shoe-in? +2/-4
2. Your Little Shoe-in? +1/-2
3. Surprise! +3 Underdog list:
Detroit, Cleveland, Rams, Raiders, Titans, Buffaloaf
4. Do You Smell a Shutout? +3/-1
5. Your Favorite Team Wins/Most Disliked Loses +/-1
6. Clash of the Titans: +/-2
New York Giants at New Orleans Saints